Last Edited: April 5, 2013 – Version 1.0
DISCLOSURE. Springs Hosting agrees to notify Customer of:
- What personally identifiable information of the Customer or third party personal identification is collected from the Customer through the website (“springshosting.com”).
- The organization collecting the information, how the information is used, with whom the information may be shared.
- What choices are available to the Customer regarding collection, use, and distribution of the information?
- The types of security procedures that are in place to protect the loss, misuse, or alteration of information under Springs Hosting’s control.
- OWNERSHIP. Springs Hosting is the sole owner of the information collected on the website. Springs Hosting will not sell, share, or rent this information to others in ways different from what is disclosed in this Policy. Springs Hosting collects information from the Customer at several different points throughout the website.
- COMMENTS AND INQUIRY FORMS. Springs Hosting collects the information the Customer enters into a Springs Hosting form to assist Springs Hosting in responding to the Customer’s on-line comment or request for more information (inquiry).
- ORDER. Springs Hosting requests information from the Customer to use the Springs Hosting online order forms. Customers must provide contact information and financial information (i.e. Credit Card Number, Expiration Date). This information is used for billing purposes and to complete the Customer’s order. If Springs Hosting experiences any difficulty processing the Customer order, this contact information is used to notify the Customer and assist the Customer in completing their order.
- LOG FILES. Springs Hosting uses IP addresses to analyze trends, administer the website, track Customer’s movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information.
- Springs Hosting will share aggregated demographic information with our partners and advertisers. This data is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
- Springs Hosting users an outside shipping company to ship orders and a credit card processing company to bill users for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, or use personally identifiable information for any secondary purposes to the knowledge of Springs Hosting.
- Springs Hosting partners with other parties to provide specific services. When a Customer signs up for these services, Springs Hosting will share names or contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide such services.
- Third parties that partner with Springs Hosting are prohibited from using personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing a specific service that Springs Hosting has contracted with the third party for.
- LINKS. The Springs Hosting website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that Springs Hosting is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. Springs Hosting encourages our Customers to be aware when they leave the Springs Hosting website and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This Privacy statement applies solely to information collected by the Springs Hosting website.
- NEWSLETTER. Springs Hosting will need contact information such as name and email address if a Customer wishes to subscribe to the Springs Hosting newsletter.
- SURVEYS AND CONTESTS. Springs Hosting will, from time-to-time, request information from Customers via surveys and contests. Participation in these surveys and contests is completely voluntary and the Customer therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information and demographic information. Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for the purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of the Springs Hosting website.
- REFERALS. If a Customer elects to use the Springs Hosting referral service for informing friends, co-workers, or other persons about Springs Hosting products, services and/or website, Springs Hosting will request the contact information of such referred person. Springs Hosting will contact the person(s) on the behalf of the referrer via email, phone, and/or postal mail. This person may request removal from our database at any time.
- SECURITY. The Springs Hosting website takes every reasonable precaution to protect Customer’s information. When a Customer submits sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
- When Springs Hosting registration/order form asks users to enter sensitive information such as credit card number, that information is protected with SSL encryption (“Secure Page”) methods between the servers and the Customer’s computer. While on a Secure Page, such as the Springs Hosting order form, the lock icon on browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox become locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open.
- While Springs Hosting uses SSL encryption to protect sensitive information online, Springs Hosting does everything within reasonable power to protect user-information off-line. All of the Customer’s information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted to Springs Hosting offices located at 1205 Shasta Dr. Colorado Springs, CO 80910. Only persons within Springs Hosting with whom the information is required to perform their job are granted access to personally identifiable information.
- The Springs Hosting servers that keep personal identifiable information are kept in our controlled secure environment.
- For questions concerning Springs Hosting security procedures, please contact us directly.
- SUPPLEMENTATION OF INFORMATION. In order for Springs Hosting website to properly fulfill its obligation to Customers, it is necessary for Springs Hosting to supplement the information received with information from third party sources. This supplemented information allows Springs Hosting to qualify for credit based on credit reports we contract third parties to perform. Once Springs Hosting determines a Customer’s credit-worthiness, the document is destroyed.
- SPECIAL OFFERS. Springs Hosting sends all new Customers a welcoming email to verify password and username. Established Customers will occasionally receive information on products, services, special deals, and a newsletter. Out of respect for the privacy of our Customers we present the option to not receive these types of communications. Please see our choice and opt-out in Section 16.
- CORRECTION AND UPDATING PERSONAL INFORMATION. If a Customer’s personally identifiable information changes or if a Customer no longer desires Springs Hosting’s service, Springs Hosting will endeavor to provide a way to correct, update or remove the Customer’s personal data provided to Springs Hosting. This can be done by contacting Customer Support during business hours.
- CHOICE OPT-OUT. Springs Hosting Customers are given the opportunity to “opt-out” of having their information used for purposes not directly related to the Springs Hosting website at the point where we ask for the information. Customer’s that no longer desire to receive the Springs Hosting newsletter or promotional materials from our partners may opt-out of receiving these communications by replying to unsubscribe in the subject line in the newsletter or promotional material or email us at Customer Support.